Visual Communication Workshops
Current MS SDM students are invited to join the Visual Communication Workshop series this spring. Facilitated by current second year student, Paul Benson, sessions will include lectures, guest practitioners, student guests, and exciting in-class exercises.
To confirm your participation, you must sign up by the end of day on Friday, January 28th via the form sent to your email. You will subsequently receive a Zoom link for the sessions you have indicated you will attend.
We will offer the following five workshops:
- Foundational Elements: An introduction to the grid, typography, & hierarchy.
- Design Software: Learning Adobe’s Photoshop, InDesign, & Illustrator.
- Data Visualization: Diving into organizing complex information.
- Branding & Identity: Branding, visual systems, & identity design using Figma.
- Project to Portfolio: Converting a strategic design project into a portfolio piece.
- Each workshop will be offered twice, once on Friday mornings from 9 am eastern to 11:40 am eastern and again on Sundays from 12 pm eastern to 2:40 pm eastern.
- Workshops will include in-class activities and guests.
- You can attend all or only several of five workshops
- You can attend Friday and/or Sunday workshops.
- All skill levels are welcomed to join from beginner to advanced.
- The workshops are designed as a safe environment to test new skills. Participants are encouraged to try new things and support the learnings of fellow participants.
- There is no work required outside of sessions.
- All sessions are on Zoom.
- You must sign up to attend.