Innovative Minds have always found a home at The New School.
The SDS faculty is comprised of both practitioners in their fields as well as respected and renowned academics. Explore their projects, research interests and professional websites and see the exciting ways the SDS Faculty is making a difference.
In an increasingly designed world, art and design reflect and shape all kinds of experiences.
"The School of Design Strategies is a place where students, teachers and communities work side-by-side, grappling with the difficult questions of our time. In the marketplace, healthcare, education, climate change, access to housing, and a range of other issues, SDS students explore strategy in action: researching, designing and prototyping their design responses to these challenges, to propose new ways to create positive change in the world. We are the social entrepreneurs and the future change makers."Go To The Dean's Profile
EFFECTIVE ACTION REQUIRES COLLABORATION ACROSS DISCIPLINES.
“How might we design conditions for the emergence of ways of knowing, being and relating adequate to the complexities of our times? Collaborative, embodied and aware modes of designing require new capacities such as the active cultivation of trust, dialogue, embodiment and inquiry. In the School of Design Strategies we dare to envision systems, structures and services that enable greater understanding, afford choice making, liberate human potential, make a difference, and continually seek ways to instantiate justice and accessibility."Go To Profile
- RT @GUFPMilano: Today at 2PM! https://t.co/xB0Hs944Q8,
- Check this out this week! https://t.co/An6ddXFUVs,
- RT @TerreformUR: TODAY @TheNewSchool #Terreform co/dir VyjayanthiRao panel mod @shannonmattern @StoreFrontNY… https://t.co/H0CckvQqkC,
- Go to this event tonight. It will be informative and enriching! @hubup_parsons @Urban_Parsons… https://t.co/yc1IUKlsMi,
- RT @TheNewSchool: Tune in tomorrow on @Livestream for our Social Research Conference, Invisibility: The Power of an Idea… https://t.co/MtiKxp1AjP,
- RT @SCEPA_economics: TONIGHT at 6PM join @SCEPA_economics @TheNewSchool for panel on, "What Does Trump Mean for Global Climate Change?"… https://t.co/tlhp95LLVR,
- Head up to @ColumbiaGSAPP on Thursday to join this discussion on spatiality and temporality of contemporary cities! https://t.co/HKv4eHmaor,
- Congrats to our SDS students on multiple of the winning teams! @Urban_Parsons @ParsonsTransD https://t.co/8KK4ZF6YuK,
- RT @MaryWatsonTNS: Great resources for management, leadership, and entrepreneurship students @TheNewSchool! @MilanoSchool… https://t.co/SEAZQzZC9C,
- Join @hubup_parsons this Friday for a panel on activism and government, featuring some of our faculty from SDS! https://t.co/vLU3nvXB8c,
- Check this out! https://t.co/501lC7jTNP,
- Don't forget to go to the Design Fair tomorrow! https://t.co/PwgbWTrOn5,
- Happening Now! Check out this event! https://t.co/HbtBcqVppY,
- This is a great complement to the @VergeNYC conference that happened in February. Don't miss it! https://t.co/5t4FV7pbSh,
- Welcome to all our admitted students today! We love having you 😀,
School of Design Strategies
Parsons School of Design firstname.lastname@example.org