Innovative Minds have always found a home at The New School.
The SDS faculty is comprised of both practitioners in their fields as well as respected and renowned academics. Explore their projects, research interests and professional websites and see the exciting ways the SDS Faculty is making a difference.
In an increasingly designed world, art and design reflect and shape all kinds of experiences.
"The School of Design Strategies is a place where students, teachers and communities work side-by-side, grappling with the difficult questions of our time. In the marketplace, healthcare, education, climate change, access to housing, and a range of other issues, SDS students explore strategy in action: researching, designing and prototyping their design responses to these challenges, to propose new ways to create positive change in the world. We are the social entrepreneurs and the future change makers."Go To The Dean's Profile
EFFECTIVE ACTION REQUIRES COLLABORATION ACROSS DISCIPLINES.
“How might we design conditions for the emergence of ways of knowing, being and relating adequate to the complexities of our times? Collaborative, embodied and aware modes of designing require new capacities such as the active cultivation of trust, dialogue, embodiment and inquiry. In the School of Design Strategies we dare to envision systems, structures and services that enable greater understanding, afford choice making, liberate human potential, make a difference, and continually seek ways to instantiate justice and accessibility."Go To Profile
- RT @leesean: .@SDSParsons's @godelnik sharing his experience designing #PlatformCoop models to help #refugees https://t.co/78BJFJsEpr,
- The workshop continues on Thursday, for anyone interested! https://t.co/3KpSjLZp9F,
- RT @cynthialawson: Excited to be at this @SDSParsons event with Sarah Corbett from @Craftivists . Latest book is "The art of gentle p… https://t.co/bMeIwrFEZj,
- RT @SDSDesignManage: Join the @ParsonsELab Demo Day this November 8th and see the products created by of the 2016-17 fellows! RSVP now:… https://t.co/AbiGPOPgBJ,
- Join @Urban_Parsons and PEZ [Estudio] for a series of workshops next week around resiliency and co-creation within… https://t.co/OeD4vpVbp3,
- Check out this funding opportunity for your start up! https://t.co/s3Zq6tzIiu,
- Want to enhance your lunch? Join a talk with Branimir Medic right now in the Sky Room at 2 W 13th. Going on until 1. @parsonsdesign,
- RT @NSSRNews: 11/1: Nancy Fraser & David Harvey: Spiraling out of Control, On the Fate of Capital & Capitalism in the 21st Centur… https://t.co/d62C2om8w1,
- Spend your Friday enjoying the creative work of @parsonsdesign alumni of color and their experience of race at toni… https://t.co/qFFPNJVR8O,
- Don't miss tonight's Pitch Night for the next cohort of @ParsonsELab 2018 Fellows! Register here: https://t.co/DH6ov5TPcb,
- Inclusive event tomorrow to eat, reflect & strategize around experiences of race & identity. @parsonsdesign… https://t.co/gl2AW0VpVz,
- RT @NewSchoolWrites: Calling all @TheNewSchool undergrads! Submit your best creative work to @12StreetJournal, our award-winning lit mag… https://t.co/hi8xZw94Ji,
- RT @TheNewSchool: Your Daily Disruption, part of The New School's #400YearsofInequality observance: Environmental Justice.… https://t.co/mtgJmV6kQI,
- Join Rob Robinson tonight at the inaugural seminar of the Race in the City series. Wolff Conference Room at 6:30.… https://t.co/Od23M1vADg,
- The intersection of Space and Fashion. You don't want to miss this. https://t.co/reFLQlSNRg,
School of Design Strategies
Parsons School of Design email@example.com