Innovative Minds have always found a home at The New School.
The SDS faculty is comprised of both practitioners in their fields as well as respected and renowned academics. Explore their projects, research interests and professional websites and see the exciting ways the SDS Faculty is making a difference.
In an increasingly designed world, art and design reflect and shape all kinds of experiences.
"The School of Design Strategies is a place where students, teachers and communities work side-by-side, grappling with the difficult questions of our time. In the marketplace, healthcare, education, climate change, access to housing, and a range of other issues, SDS students explore strategy in action: researching, designing and prototyping their design responses to these challenges, to propose new ways to create positive change in the world. We are the social entrepreneurs and the future change makers."Go To The Dean's Profile
EFFECTIVE ACTION REQUIRES COLLABORATION ACROSS DISCIPLINES.
“How might we design conditions for the emergence of ways of knowing, being and relating adequate to the complexities of our times? Collaborative, embodied and aware modes of designing require new capacities such as the active cultivation of trust, dialogue, embodiment and inquiry. In the School of Design Strategies we dare to envision systems, structures and services that enable greater understanding, afford choice making, liberate human potential, make a difference, and continually seek ways to instantiate justice and accessibility."Go To Profile
- RT @parsonsdesign: The Parsons Undergrad Programs site is live. Check out student work, get insight into the #Parsonsfirstyear curricu… https://t.co/48BaD5KI3p,
- RT @cynthialawson: Sad to learn of this just now, but perhaps others can go. Former student & @SDSParsons alumna #ChelseaFairless co-c… https://t.co/Xs7MRGYjYQ,
- RT @parsonsdesign: "When will Starbucks start taking responsibility for the 6 billion disposable cups it uses annually similarly to th… https://t.co/DGygw3RZLi,
- RT @godelnik: My piece on Medium: Will #Starbucks take responsibility for disposable cups like it does on racism in its stores? A… https://t.co/U4aAyYJfuR,
- RT @parsonsdesign: Want to start a social impact project? Watch as @SDSParsons Profs @MarianaAmatullo & @andrewshea (co-editors of LEA… https://t.co/YcKLPoMHDA,
- RT @isabellapoeschl: We have seen a broader design agenda emerge over recent years that focuses on applying design methods to public ser… https://t.co/ZJckjo2tuM,
- RT @W_W_F: 《#VCE 》Thank you @tomkovac for serendipitously dragging me into your #supercity discussions, w/ @patrik_schu… https://t.co/d49X7qIXNF,
- RT @ParsonsTransD: Last Wednesday at the launch of Lara Penin's book ''Designing the Invisible: An Introduction to Service Design'' wh… https://t.co/5kMMM17QjP,
- RT @ParsonsTransD: No caption needed - Their expressions say it all. Congratulations Transdisciplinary Design Class of 2018, you made… https://t.co/euAo9muCY4,
- RT @DavidVanZandt: Thank you @solangeknowles! You were amazing. Thank you for encouraging and supporting students to develop their cr… https://t.co/vwSIzXOPZH,
- RT @NewSchoolLive: 5/23: @parsonsdesign will host a panel exploring how artists and designers of color embed a social justice framewor… https://t.co/JRIxlpA1gr,
- RT @TheNewSchool: Big #NewSchoolGrad Mood 📷: Commencement Speaker Yu Ling Wu (@EugeneLang + @parsonsdesign ‘18) https://t.co/uYBE0bbC9e,
- RT @GreenMap: Our Director @wendybrawer was the keynote speaker at @SDSParsons commencement yesterday. Wendy says, "it was especi… https://t.co/X9UjbmBFOd,
- Congratulations, TransD! 🎉🎊 https://t.co/ylvKvnlKZH,
- RT @parsonsdesign: Huge congrats to our @SDSParsons masters students from Strategic Design & Management, Transdisciplinary Design, The… https://t.co/Ekfu4rfQUo,
School of Design Strategies
Parsons School of Design email@example.com