Innovative Minds have always found a home at The New School.
The SDS faculty is comprised of both practitioners in their fields as well as respected and renowned academics. Explore their projects, research interests and professional websites and see the exciting ways the SDS Faculty is making a difference.
In an increasingly designed world, art and design reflect and shape all kinds of experiences.
"The School of Design Strategies is a place where students, teachers and communities work side-by-side, grappling with the difficult questions of our time. In the marketplace, healthcare, education, climate change, access to housing, and a range of other issues, SDS students explore strategy in action: researching, designing and prototyping their design responses to these challenges, to propose new ways to create positive change in the world. We are the social entrepreneurs and the future change makers."Go To The Dean's Profile
EFFECTIVE ACTION REQUIRES COLLABORATION ACROSS DISCIPLINES.
“How might we design conditions for the emergence of ways of knowing, being and relating adequate to the complexities of our times? Collaborative, embodied and aware modes of designing require new capacities such as the active cultivation of trust, dialogue, embodiment and inquiry. In the School of Design Strategies we dare to envision systems, structures and services that enable greater understanding, afford choice making, liberate human potential, make a difference, and continually seek ways to instantiate justice and accessibility."Go To Profile
- Jenny Sabin Wins MoMA PS1 YAP 2017 With "Knitted Light" Proposal https://t.co/W0KixsfItt,
- RT @MaryWatsonTNS: Apply now. Faculty application review begins Feb15. @TheNewSchool @parsonsdesign @SDSParsons @MilanoSchool… https://t.co/tCBgzVf6np,
- "Using Design Principles To Reshape Local Government" https://t.co/U4CHg5VlsU,
- The forgotten history of Japanese-American designers’ World War II internment https://t.co/hffzrAr2zQ,
- Holy Crap, This Map Of Trump's Business Network Is Terrifying https://t.co/auMEJ52sGU,
- RT @Urban_Parsons: Will you come help us shape the future of Urban practice in the age of Trump? Join us this Fall!!!… https://t.co/WiTBEuSOVY,
- RT @timstock: Introduction to Trend Analysis - Spring 2017 class starts tomorrow @SDSParsons @TheNewSchool https://t.co/sOUdziH2o9,
- This Chicago Startup Is Easing the Headache of Applying for Food Stamps https://t.co/Z7JHBWDUvg,
- RT @joeledwintowers: Aleinikoff on immigration: fact, fiction + the impact on policy: The Trump Executive Orders on Immigration https://t.co/4GUSDQ7L0k,
- RT @joeledwintowers: Read Alex Aleinikoff's critique of banning immigration and refugee admissions: Trump’s Executive Order https://t.co/dx1fmTyOpZ,
- RT @NSSRNews: A second timely piece on #trump executive orders by New School Prof. Alex Aleinikoff #immigration #NoBanNoWall… https://t.co/l4E54HpRrX,
- RT @TheNewSchool: In 1933, The New School granted asylum to refugees fleeing Hitler. To the #ACLU, to all: thank you—keep fighting.… https://t.co/te4Kdl31cY,
- RT @CohStra: CohStra vehemently condemns the despicable actions of hatred of the evil man currently withholding american power. #MuslimBan #NoBanNoWall,
- "Measuring Social Design: The Challenges of Bringing Data Into Design" https://t.co/LuAkKB1nyF,
- Design as Protest During the Trump Era https://t.co/hAqzpDrYvr,
School of Design Strategies
Parsons School of Design email@example.com