Innovative Minds have always found a home at The New School.
The SDS faculty is comprised of both practitioners in their fields as well as respected and renowned academics. Explore their projects, research interests and professional websites and see the exciting ways the SDS Faculty is making a difference.
In an increasingly designed world, art and design reflect and shape all kinds of experiences.
"The School of Design Strategies is a place where students, teachers and communities work side-by-side, grappling with the difficult questions of our time. In the marketplace, healthcare, education, climate change, access to housing, and a range of other issues, SDS students explore strategy in action: researching, designing and prototyping their design responses to these challenges, to propose new ways to create positive change in the world. We are the social entrepreneurs and the future change makers."Go To The Dean's Profile
EFFECTIVE ACTION REQUIRES COLLABORATION ACROSS DISCIPLINES.
“How might we design conditions for the emergence of ways of knowing, being and relating adequate to the complexities of our times? Collaborative, embodied and aware modes of designing require new capacities such as the active cultivation of trust, dialogue, embodiment and inquiry. In the School of Design Strategies we dare to envision systems, structures and services that enable greater understanding, afford choice making, liberate human potential, make a difference, and continually seek ways to instantiate justice and accessibility."Go To Profile
- Some great design going on with our students! https://t.co/F6lrIXbnzM,
- Congratulations to our incredible students! https://t.co/f2K3sqm7kr,
- Are you interested in the #fashion industry? You can win up to a $15,000 Scholarship! Visit https://t.co/ifzOVp2lC1… https://t.co/NJFCYUyBA5,
- RT @parsonsdesign: Don't miss "memory is a tough place" exhibit @SJDCParsons now through 9/3. #NewSchoolArtCollection Details→… https://t.co/LpgGsNQYJF,
- 'The Making Center is Hiring Student Technicians for Fall 2017! https://t.co/o0uIhhLjUC #ParsonsMakingCenter https://t.co/CBIsTAm7gq,
- RT @ParsonsTransD: TransD students and alum, @foossa_com and @LABopm facilitating design in government. #servicedesign… https://t.co/SyIsK0mpjC,
- Check out this exhibit that will begin next month! https://t.co/6F7ioyjZZm,
- Congratulations to @shannonmattern on the release of her book! Click on the link to get it on pre-order for a disco… https://t.co/bgfnwwqHXT,
- See the agenda for this week's summit and follow along at the link below! #100RCsummit https://t.co/LXRSx0IQIC,
- Don't miss this exhibit and virtual tour tomorrow. https://t.co/cKSfgPVz5x,
- RT @iamJerrel: Masterclass w/ @godelnik - How to [re]design a #resilient organisation #osfest17 - Future Thinking / Future Plannin… https://t.co/puSNrToxOG,
- Our alumni are the best! So very #parsonsproud https://t.co/Hp8vxGhitg,
- Amazing work by our faculty and students! https://t.co/Gs7R7eICx9,
- Check out this great event today! https://t.co/VWK1vtMHPt,
- RT @desisparsons: Congrats @sungmykim @ParsonsTransD @parsonsdesign @TheNewSchool winner student 2017 Strategy&Research @Core77Awards https://t.co/ikcSFTb78c,
School of Design Strategies
Parsons School of Design firstname.lastname@example.org