Innovative Minds have always found a home at The New School.
The SDS faculty is comprised of both practitioners in their fields as well as respected and renowned academics. Explore their projects, research interests and professional websites and see the exciting ways the SDS Faculty is making a difference.
In an increasingly designed world, art and design reflect and shape all kinds of experiences.
"The School of Design Strategies is a place where students, teachers and communities work side-by-side, grappling with the difficult questions of our time. In the marketplace, healthcare, education, climate change, access to housing, and a range of other issues, SDS students explore strategy in action: researching, designing and prototyping their design responses to these challenges, to propose new ways to create positive change in the world. We are the social entrepreneurs and the future change makers."Go To The Dean's Profile
EFFECTIVE ACTION REQUIRES COLLABORATION ACROSS DISCIPLINES.
“How might we design conditions for the emergence of ways of knowing, being and relating adequate to the complexities of our times? Collaborative, embodied and aware modes of designing require new capacities such as the active cultivation of trust, dialogue, embodiment and inquiry. In the School of Design Strategies we dare to envision systems, structures and services that enable greater understanding, afford choice making, liberate human potential, make a difference, and continually seek ways to instantiate justice and accessibility."Go To Profile
- RT @TheNewSchool: Welcome to NYC, Class of 2022! Here's to no longer being a tourist 🚕 #NewSchoolSpirit https://t.co/BoGjqkvThV,
- RT @W_W_F: 《#NYC 》Join us May 8-10 @SmartCitiesNY - citizen-inspired discussions that are transforming cities #SCNY18… https://t.co/7zzZZtZCo2,
- Counting down the days until the next installment of the Stephan Weiss Lecture Series! Cathy O'Neil, mathematician,… https://t.co/VpD0rpDjWX,
- RT @Urban_Parsons: TONIGHT at 6 PM: Rob Robinson joins Miguel Robles-Duran in a conversation on #RightToTheCity, the housing crisis, a… https://t.co/5EyJb6weyn,
- #SDSShowcase: @Urban_Parsons First-year MS Design & Urban Ecologies Methods students researched rain gardens in… https://t.co/IBiaq0yOzK,
- RT @NotifyNYC: Flash Flood Warning for NYC until 11:15 AM. Heavy rainfall will cause flooding of highways and streets. For more in… https://t.co/rozIpeaadw,
- RT @parsonsdesign: Stay tuned for all the #ParsonsFestival greatness to come! https://t.co/vNbXRqlt4e https://t.co/Zd87PbEGz5,
- RT @TNSarchives: "Library at the University in Exile, stocked with books instead of ashes." We find it fitting that @TheNewSchool's… https://t.co/OWHLTGdMa8,
- RT @parsonsdesign: Hey, Parsons & @TheNewSchool students, join the Parsons Student Senate this Saturday for the annual #PSSGALA18 (Apr… https://t.co/w3lrW6Hb7b,
- RT @NewSchoolTEDC: In just one week, ALL @TheNewSchool students, faculty, and @NewSchoolAlumni with interests in environment and susta… https://t.co/qahcpo6LoH,
- RT @SDSDesignManage: Our 2nd year students Regina Law, Rose Pember, and Erin Tilley are presenting at the #FUSE2018 Conference this week… https://t.co/CmvdAy6Kmf,
- RT @parsonsdesign: .@thr reviews @sdsparsons's John Bruce's film, End of Life - "End of Life captures how our last moments can be fill… https://t.co/5loDL8BTyn,
- 2 West 13th Street will remain to be closed until further notice. Classroom assignments for this week will be updat… https://t.co/I33h8W2390,
- #SDSShowcase: We're #parsonsproud of all of the innovative courses offered here at @TheNewSchool! In… https://t.co/s6rJyWj9f7,
- RT @muddpup: Congratulations to Pear from @SDSDesignManage program on the great work she did on Bear. Finalist for https://t.co/uKZl6D4h2v. :),
School of Design Strategies
Parsons School of Design email@example.com