Innovative Minds have always found a home at The New School.
The SDS faculty is comprised of both practitioners in their fields as well as respected and renowned academics. Explore their projects, research interests and professional websites and see the exciting ways the SDS Faculty is making a difference.
In an increasingly designed world, art and design reflect and shape all kinds of experiences.
"The School of Design Strategies is a place where students, teachers and communities work side-by-side, grappling with the difficult questions of our time. In the marketplace, healthcare, education, climate change, access to housing, and a range of other issues, SDS students explore strategy in action: researching, designing and prototyping their design responses to these challenges, to propose new ways to create positive change in the world. We are the social entrepreneurs and the future change makers."Go To The Dean's Profile
EFFECTIVE ACTION REQUIRES COLLABORATION ACROSS DISCIPLINES.
“How might we design conditions for the emergence of ways of knowing, being and relating adequate to the complexities of our times? Collaborative, embodied and aware modes of designing require new capacities such as the active cultivation of trust, dialogue, embodiment and inquiry. In the School of Design Strategies we dare to envision systems, structures and services that enable greater understanding, afford choice making, liberate human potential, make a difference, and continually seek ways to instantiate justice and accessibility."Go To Profile
- Inclusive event tomorrow to eat, reflect & strategize around experiences of race & identity. @parsonsdesign… https://t.co/gl2AW0VpVz,
- RT @NewSchoolWrites: Calling all @TheNewSchool undergrads! Submit your best creative work to @12StreetJournal, our award-winning lit mag… https://t.co/hi8xZw94Ji,
- RT @TheNewSchool: Your Daily Disruption, part of The New School's #400YearsofInequality observance: Environmental Justice.… https://t.co/mtgJmV6kQI,
- Join Rob Robinson tonight at the inaugural seminar of the Race in the City series. Wolff Conference Room at 6:30.… https://t.co/Od23M1vADg,
- The intersection of Space and Fashion. You don't want to miss this. https://t.co/reFLQlSNRg,
- Today begins our week of Curriculum Disrution to reflect on #400YearsofInequality and plan for an equitable future.… https://t.co/SonHDyVibJ,
- RT @ParsonsELab: Applications due TODAY for our 2018 ELab Cohort !! Apply online by midnight. 🚀 🚀🚀@NewSchoolAlumni @SDSParsons https://t.co/8JUEwp4bV9,
- David Rockwell At The Parsons Table with Paul Goldberger - The New School https://t.co/Iu2zN4vRJD,
- Check out "Aging and Disability: Beyond Stereotypes to Inclusion" tomorrow @parsonsdesign. Register here >>… https://t.co/1YqOMmxw23,
- Some Trans-disciplinary thinking by one of our @ParsonsTransD students! https://t.co/BZBiEkFZ16,
- In preparation for the week-long disruption from Oct 12. to Oct. 19, here are some facts to get us all to think.… https://t.co/vohmqHEHLj,
- Thank you for your work, Joel! https://t.co/qguFTeqqSL,
- View the live stream at the link below. https://t.co/P946yPiZHv,
- Check out some of our professors from the @Urban_Parsons program discuss public space. Happening now in the Univers… https://t.co/ol9kogLer7,
- RT @tnsIEI: #TheNthDegree Lecture series presents "Creating an Inclusive Economy: Pathways for Impact Entrepreneurs," join us… https://t.co/R7R2cb7WrZ,
School of Design Strategies
Parsons School of Design firstname.lastname@example.org