Innovative Minds have always found a home at The New School.
The SDS faculty is comprised of both practitioners in their fields as well as respected and renowned academics. Explore their projects, research interests and professional websites and see the exciting ways the SDS Faculty is making a difference.
In an increasingly designed world, art and design reflect and shape all kinds of experiences.
"The School of Design Strategies is a place where students, teachers and communities work side-by-side, grappling with the difficult questions of our time. In the marketplace, healthcare, education, climate change, access to housing, and a range of other issues, SDS students explore strategy in action: researching, designing and prototyping their design responses to these challenges, to propose new ways to create positive change in the world. We are the social entrepreneurs and the future change makers."Go To The Dean's Profile
EFFECTIVE ACTION REQUIRES COLLABORATION ACROSS DISCIPLINES.
“How might we design conditions for the emergence of ways of knowing, being and relating adequate to the complexities of our times? Collaborative, embodied and aware modes of designing require new capacities such as the active cultivation of trust, dialogue, embodiment and inquiry. In the School of Design Strategies we dare to envision systems, structures and services that enable greater understanding, afford choice making, liberate human potential, make a difference, and continually seek ways to instantiate justice and accessibility."Go To Profile
- RT @NewSchoolTEDC: .@AmericanU presents their MPC'S 2017 Annual Spring Lecture feat. Mindy Fullilove. https://t.co/OUDe3AjA1I https://t.co/pxoK8JxIUk,
- RT @SCEPA_economics: Join us in April for three events on Labor & Diversity of Capitalism. @TheNewSchool hosts @jschmittwdc… https://t.co/EPAqlbFHJT,
- RT @NSSRNews: WATCH Prof. Natalia Mehlman-Petrzela's lecture, Gender Politics in Post-Election America, a fantastic #wmnhst prime… https://t.co/QSI2XWWZsv,
- RT @SDSDesignManage: Join @foossa_com @davidcolbyreed's workshop which rethinks citizenship & designing borders at #DIC17 on 4/1… https://t.co/ag05gg6mNO,
- Congratulations to one of our outstanding professors at TNS!! (with a little help from one of our SDS students!) https://t.co/3yVaBbyS9P,
- RT @godelnik: Don't miss the workshops, panels, presentations, networking opportunities and so much more at #DIC17 (April 1st)… https://t.co/dfhhnMOpmF,
- Congratulations to @CNYCN for a beautiful event last week! It was a major success and sparked important conversatio… https://t.co/qoXoCshQAp,
- Check out the work of our students! https://t.co/UGx2BAZGFe,
- A wonderful competition coming up! Our SDS students should make an appearance! https://t.co/udBa7LeNOi,
- For all of our SDS students (and any other TNS/Parsons students!) make sure to mark your calendars for these career… https://t.co/IFvFV5IdrJ,
- A great event coming up sponsored by one of our own student organizations! @hubup_parsons https://t.co/zZZpcVz6G6,
- An example of where our SDS students are needed! https://t.co/UTXrrK8IvN,
- RT @TheNewSchool: Students, Faculty + Staff have organized a variety of programming for #InternationalWomensDay—get involved 👊… https://t.co/hf1XpnJOih,
- Get organized! https://t.co/uyFunX1s5E,
- We will miss you so much Drew!! Thank you for everything here at the School of Design Strategies! @drewdown32 https://t.co/qxv7y1lruG,
School of Design Strategies
Parsons School of Design firstname.lastname@example.org