Innovative Minds have always found a home at The New School.
The SDS faculty is comprised of both practitioners in their fields as well as respected and renowned academics. Explore their projects, research interests and professional websites and see the exciting ways the SDS Faculty is making a difference.
In an increasingly designed world, art and design reflect and shape all kinds of experiences.
"The School of Design Strategies is a place where students, teachers and communities work side-by-side, grappling with the difficult questions of our time. In the marketplace, healthcare, education, climate change, access to housing, and a range of other issues, SDS students explore strategy in action: researching, designing and prototyping their design responses to these challenges, to propose new ways to create positive change in the world. We are the social entrepreneurs and the future change makers."Go To The Dean's Profile
EFFECTIVE ACTION REQUIRES COLLABORATION ACROSS DISCIPLINES.
“How might we design conditions for the emergence of ways of knowing, being and relating adequate to the complexities of our times? Collaborative, embodied and aware modes of designing require new capacities such as the active cultivation of trust, dialogue, embodiment and inquiry. In the School of Design Strategies we dare to envision systems, structures and services that enable greater understanding, afford choice making, liberate human potential, make a difference, and continually seek ways to instantiate justice and accessibility."Go To Profile
- This is amazing! 🙌🙌🙌 https://t.co/bi75dziwKq,
- "We live in the illusion of privacy. Privacy no longer functions. What is democracy in a post-privacy world?" @indy_johar #WeissLecture,
- “Our previous economy treated humans as labour - our near future economy threatens to treat humans as overheads. We… https://t.co/LekmYnefWc,
- RT @MarianaAmatullo: As the world burns we hunt for unicorns- @indy_johar challenges us @TheNewSchool @parsonsdesign as part of our… https://t.co/0bsr63ZNOc,
- "How do you drive change and strategy in a complex world. Simple causal pathways do not work." @indy_johar… https://t.co/ka9ptQWgA9,
- .@indy_johar is the co-founder of @00ecosystem [zero zero] is a collaborative studio of architects, strategic desig… https://t.co/KkzIkqYFhe,
- "Economies of design are never static, always in flux, plural, diverse, and not autonomous." @MarianaAmatullo,
- RT @parsonsdesign: Join us tonight @ 6PM for the Stephen #WeissLecture Series. Architect/professor/fellow, @indy_johar will talk… https://t.co/0LS6HchPGP,
- We are so excited to host @indy_johar at tonight's Stephen Weiss Lecture Series! It begins tonight at 6 PM at the U… https://t.co/AEGv57ViBe,
- RT @timstock: Design must engage the human potential of space more than the technological potential. I enjoy teaching design stud… https://t.co/P6XHjbXuLr,
- RT @LoorenBrooke: Engaging students with processes is so important- @art21 how about a documentary on the design research process?… https://t.co/MEkLb5r3To,
- RT @godelnik: I’d like to give a big shout-out to the @SDSParsons team for helping organize the 1.5C for Victory event yesterday,… https://t.co/jEVBe43OGS,
- RT @LoorenBrooke: Can #ethnography in #design #research help #futuring to avoid missing behavioral changes? Look at “the shape of wor… https://t.co/W0vY9vv3J2,
- RT @Urban_Parsons: Want to partake in a Global Urban Intensive this January? These electives are open to all graduate students and upp… https://t.co/ii7bZcEZGs,
- RT @NewSchool_IA: On Wed, Nov 7, join the @ZolbergInst on a walk to Visuablize (Im)Mobility in Lower Manhattan. Register and learn mo… https://t.co/DJnpTQANyJ,
School of Design Strategies
Parsons School of Design email@example.com