2018 Applications open September 1, 2018.
2018 Deadline to Apply October 12, 2018.
Parsons ELab calls for fellows for the 5th Cohort of the 12-Month Fellowship Incubator Program from September 2018. Applicants may lead for-profit scalable businesses, nonprofit B-corps as well as agency and independent models.
This year’s cycle 2018/2019 will commence on Jan.1st, 2019 and run through December 31st, 2019. Eligible applicants must be second year graduate students or recent alumni who graduated in 2018, 2017, 2016 or 2015 from any of the graduate programs of The New School.
- Complete this form by clicking here.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “YOURNAME_ELab2018” and one single 15MB PDF that contains the following:
– Your current CV
– Pitch Deck (preferably with some proof of concept or prototypes)
– Outline and Draft Business plan
– Please be advised that finalists will be required for an in person interview.
What makes a great fellow?
ELab is committed to investing time and effort in providing the resources for promising startups to succeed and fellows are expected to exhibit the following behaviors and mindset in order to make the most of this opportunity:
- Pro-actively seeking and following up on all opportunities provided
- Passionate about and committed to project success
- Responsive, availability for check-ins and reachable by phone or emails
One of the strengths of our program is forging a tight community of fellows who support the mission of ELab. Fellows are expected to give 5 hours a week to the ELab of their time either through research, marketing, admin support or another prearranged commitment. They are required to attend all check-ins, reviews, mid-way and final presentations, as well as workshops developed for them by ELab. They are also requested to remain available for an annual research survey up to 5 years after leaving the ELab to help us in our research around the efficacy of incubation and mentorship. Fellows are expected to stay connected to the Lab for a minimum of 3 years.