Application deadline of 10 June 2015 has past
The Parsons ELab @ NYDesigns seeks to support design entrepreneurs who are recent alumni class of 2015 of the School of Design Strategies graduate programs at Parsons The New School for Design: MS in Strategic Design and Management, MA in Theories of Urban Practice, MFA in Transdisciplinary Design, and MS in Design and Urban Ecologies.
The Parsons ELab @ NYDesigns is open to SDS graduate designers with prototyping needs and who use technology as one of the main pillars for their innovations, including but not limited* to the below categories:
– Hardware and Technology: Exploring technology and its interaction with objects and spaces.
– Social Innovation: Exploring the impact of design and technology on policy and social well being and how they engage with the environment.
* Please note that these are purposefully broad categories so that you can make a case for your business ideas.
During the three-month Parsons ELab Summer Seats @ NYDesigns the participants will receive the following.
– Co-working Space with access to 24/7 working areas, meeting rooms, and internet
– Programs access to events and networking opportunities
– Discounted access to the NYDesigns FabLab for prototyping at the professional NYDesigns on-site fabrication laboratory
Apply by June 10th, 2015 by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “YOURNAME_ELabNYDesigns” and one single 15MB PDF that contains the following.
– Your current CV
– A short statement (a few paragraphs to one page) describing your work, the vision you have for your business practice and how the Parsons ELab @ NYDesigns can help you.
– Work Samples
– Pitch Deck or Business plan
June 10: Application deadline
June 17: Interviews with Selected finalists at NY Designs in LIC
June 22: Commencement of summer seats ELab @ NYDesigns program
September 30: End of Parsons ELab Summer Seats
The participants will present their businesses in the form of pitch decks at the end of the program to a Dolphin Tank, a milder version of the shark tank, and a wider audience of the NYDesigns and ELab network.